Comment on page
Your membership information serves two important purposes in UNIWeb:
- Your membership information is displayed at the top of your public profile, allowing other UNIWeb members to contextualize your position within your institution and contact you using methods that you prefer.
- Parts of your membership information, like your account type and position title, will affect both your discoverability within UNIWeb and the information fields that are available for you to fill out on your public profile.
Note: As a general UNIWeb member, you can change all of your account information except for your account type, as this field can affect several areas of UNIWeb. If you need to change your account type, contact a system administrator for your academic unit.
By default, the email address that was used to create your UNIWeb account is automatically listed within your membership information, and thus on your public profile. If you would prefer, you can change or remove the email address that is publicly listed in your membership information, or you can set a private email address to use to log in to your account and receive system email alerts.
Before you begin: if your institution has integrated their UNIWeb network with an existing single sign-on (SSO) service, the following procedure will only affect the email address that UNIWeb uses to send you system email alerts. You will continue to log in to your account using your institution's SSO credentials.
- 2.In the right panel, click Set private email address.
- 3.In the Set private email address dialog, enter a new email address. Your current email address will be displayed to the left of the text entry field.
- 4.Click Save.
- Edit member information
If you have not been assigned a role with the permissions listed above, and believe that you should be able to perform this task within your academic unit, please contact your system administrator.
- 2.In the centre panel, locate and click on the name of the UNIWeb member whose account information you would like to edit. You will be taken to their profile page.
- 3.In the centre panel on the UNIWeb member’s profile page, to the right of their name, click Edit.
- 4.Add to or edit their account information in the data entry form as needed.
- 5.Click Save