The academic metrics section of UNIWeb is where the raw statistical data from the UNIWeb members' CVs is collected and translated into meaningful information. Data from ten different categories are compiled here, updated automatically as members of the network compose and modify their academic CVs. These categories can be used to monitor the achievements and engagement of an institution or faculty over time or can be exported for formal use in a report:
- Artistic Contributions
- Intellectual Properties
- Interviews and Media Relations
- Student Supervision
- Teaching Activities
- Course Development
- Program Development
- Research Funding History
Using preset visualization tools, UNIWeb can help you organize this information in the form of bar and line graphs, or lists. These graphing presets can be filtered, but if you need granular control over the information or graphing, UNIWeb offers powerful custom filtering tools to download academic metric information's raw data in an excel sheet.
- 2.Preset metric options are tiled in the centre panel of the Metrics section. Click on a metrics category that you would like to explore, and then click on a specific metric within that category. UNIWeb will generate a report of your selected metric.
- 4.Optional: You can download the data contained on a preset academic metrics page by clicking the Excel file or Word file buttons under the Download As heading in the right panel.
If you want access to raw metrics data in order to perform your own metrics, you can choose you own filtering parameters and export this data as an Excel file. Data can be filtered based on department, the type of staff, a date range, and what CV section(s) you would like to examine.
- 2.In the centre panel, click Custom Metrics.
- 4.Click Download.
An Excel file containing data filtered according to your selected download options will be downloaded to your computer
At certain institutions, from time to time, administrators may be required to submit lists of publications from across their entire academic unit to institution management, formatted in a specific citation style. UNIWeb offers a preset metrics tool that can create a properly-cited list of publications with just a few clicks.
- 2.In the right panel, click Download publication lists.
- 4.Click Download.
A Word file containing publications cited and filtered according to your selected download options will be downloaded to your computer