- 4.Select the name of your primary supervisor and co-supervisor (if application) at your institution, and provide the expected end date of your supervision at the institution. The selected supervisor(s) will be asked to validate this information in order to activate your account.
- 5.A confirmation email will be sent to your chosen email address. Click the “Verify my email” link within the confirmation email message.
Once you have verified your email address, UNIWeb will indicate whether your supervisors have validated your account. If your supervisors verify that your account information is correct, you will receive an invitation email to complete your account creation.
- 1.Click the Activate my UNIWeb account link in the body of the email.
- 2.Review the Software License terms, and if you agree, click the “I agree” button to proceed.
- 3.Create a password for your new UNIWeb account, and click the “Submit” button.
- 2.In the right panel, click the Add a new member button.
- 4.Click Save.
From time to time, you may need to add many new member accounts at once. You can create member accounts in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet into UNIWeb that includes information for all of the accounts that you would like to add. UNIWeb will scan the spreadsheet for accounts that already exist in the network, and so you can maintain and upload a single spreadsheet numerous times without creating duplicates.
To get your member account spreadsheet started, you can download a template spreadsheet that’s already formatted properly for UNIWeb's requirements.
Download a member account template spreadsheet
The sample spreadsheet includes all of the accepted member information fields that can be used when creating a UNIWeb account spreadsheet. An example record is listed below; entries marked with an asterisk are mandatory:
- 2.In the right panel, click Add members from a file
- 3.In the Add new members dialog, click Choose File, and locate your UNIWeb members spreadsheet on your computer.
- 4.Click Submit.
Once you have added new members to UNIWeb, you need to invite them to activate their accounts. This will send them a welcome email with text and information approved by your institution.
- 2.Locate the UNIWeb member(s) to whom you would like to send an account activation email, and click the checkbox on the right side of their row.
- 3.In the right panel, click Account activation.
- 4.In the Invite selected members dialog, verify that you have selected the correct UNIWeb member(s).
- 5.Click Invite.
If you have invited members previously, but they have yet to activate their accounts, you can send them a reminder email. If you’re unsure which members have already been sent invitation emails, UNIWeb can filter members for you to automatically select members who have been sent invitation and reminder emails in the past.
- 2.In the right panel, click Unactivated accounts.
- 3.In the Unactivated accounts dialog, select the maximum number of sent activation emails to filter the UNIWeb accounts that will be selected. This will ensure that you don’t send too many emails to users who are not interested in activating their accounts.
- 4.Click Unactivated accounts. UNIWeb will automatically select the members who have received the specified number of account activation emails.
- 5.In the right panel, click Account activation.
- 6.In the Invite seleted members dialog, verify the UNIWeb members that you have selected.
- 7.Click Invite.